A week ago, Alyssa was perfectly content crawling on the floor, eating a few jars of baby food (per meal) and being a baby. Not anymore!!! Just in the past few days, everything has changed! You wouldn't believe it!!!
She is...
- solely eating table food now. Since the banana she had at Nana & Papa's house over the holidays, she isn't a big fan of baby food. She'll eat anything we put in front of her (corn bread, cottage cheese, Cheerios, bread, roast, veggies, peaches, etc).
- She signs "more" now!! I think she's been doing it for awhile now, but I finally picked up on it Tuesday. When she wants more, she bangs her fingers of one hand onto her tray. Just today she clasped her fingers together and banged both hands on the tray. Sometimes she did both signs (one right after the other). It's pretty cool! Last night we took dinner to our friends (who just had a baby). We fed Alyssa cornbread and she was violently doing the "more" sign after each bite. She did the same thing this afternoon when I gave her cottage cheese.
- She can walk with her walking toy and shopping cart across our living room! Every once in awhile she falls, but she's getting better. It won't surprise me if she's walking by the time Minima & Bapa come in February!!
- While I was folding laundry today, I let her stand holding onto my leg. She's so brave & has no fear - she let go with both hands and stood by herself for 30 seconds! (I know because I counted to 30!!!) Like I said, it won't surprise me if she's walking when Minima & Bapa come on February 13th!!! :)
We took Alyssa to the doctor for her 9 month check-up on Wednesday. She's now 20 lbs. 11 oz. (75%), 28 1/4 in. (75%), and 46 1/2 cm head circum. (95%) - she has the Flener dome!! :)
I can't believe in 3 months she'll be one! I'm trying to enjoy month #9 and the "baby steps" she'll take along the way.

1 comment:
Sounds like she is trying to keep up with big sister. I can't believe she's nine months. Time goes by way to fast and I'm trying to savor the two month time of smiles and coo's. Take care,
Dottie
Post a Comment