Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Chunky Monkey Indeed!

Alyssa has been "healthy" since the day she was born - 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 2 weeks early! Glad she wasn't late!

Once she started crawling, we boasted that she'd lost a little chubbiness and even had a neck! :) Well, she better start walking soon or that neck will quickly disappear.

She now weighs 22 1/2 lbs. That is 1 lb. more than our friend, Claire, who is a year older than Alyssa. Yes, Claire is petite and has always been in the 5th percentile for weight, but still - it's crazy!

The reason for this post is because of what she ate for lunch. We had our friends, the Embry's, over for lunch today. The kids all sat outside at Grace and Alyssa's new picnic table and we all enjoyed the 80 degree weather. I moved Alyssa's booster seat outside too, so she could be with the big kids. Well, I guess I should say "older" because I think Alyssa is "bigger" than all of them.

Our baby ate more for lunch than all 3 of the older kids - COMBINED!! Grace had 2 servings of Mac-n-cheese and the Embry kids each had 1 serving. Well, Alyssa had 4 servings of mac-n-cheese, 2 spears of asparagus and 2 potato wedges. Can you believe it? No wonder she's tipping the scales!!!

We're going to have to put her on a fitness plan soon. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great she has a healthy appetite! Also, Carrie, you can pat yourself on the back because of your commitment to breastfeed her! She's thriving!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to interject here with this little stat: Micah weighted 22 lbs at 6 months.
Pray for me.