Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Our baby is growing up...
Grace is almost 6 months old and I (Carrie) am already feeling the anxiety of my baby growing up too fast. She's sitting up, rolling over, trying to crawl, and not being swaddled! OK...I know, most babies don't want to be swaddled after a few weeks. But, being swaddled was my baby's trademark. She LOVED it! She would smile when we layed her on the blanket. Matt would wrap her so tightly it appeared that her head would pop...but she was happy. Well, she's getting so big that her feet would stick out the bottom of the blanket. Then, starting September 11th, she started rolling over while being swaddled. Instead of her getting stuck on her belly with no arms, we unswaddled her. What a tragedy! I know that most babies don't want to be swaddled for as long as she did...we ran on borrowed time. But, because she is no longer swaddled, I feel like my baby is growing up! As I'm writing this, she's scooting herself across the floor. Well, my sweet little dependent baby is no longer dependent. She's now a strong-willed independent little girl...on the move and making her own decisions about how she sleeps. I'm excited for her. This is the beginning of a life of exploring. I'm thankful that God has blessed me with getting to see which way she goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment