Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Scrub-a-dub-dub there's poop in the tub?!?

The past few weeks we've had trouble with our water heater. Sometimes we have warm water...sometimes we don't. It seems like when Matt takes a shower, there is warm water, but when the girls and I need to bathe, it's only lukewarm or cold. That's merely a coincidence, but ironic.

A plumber came out and looked at the water heater yesterday and discovered that the lower element (whatever that means) needs to be replaced and can't get the part in until tomorrow. In the meantime, he turned the higher element (again, whatever that means) up as high as possible so we would get a little hot water.

We have a gi-normous bathtub in our master bathroom and since the hot water shortage, the girls and I have been bathing together. I filled the bath as much as I could with what little hot water was available. I put Grace in the tub and then Alyssa. As I was getting ready to hop in, I looked down and saw poop floating in the tub. Alyssa had pooped in the bathtub and contaminated the entire tub.

I was totally disgusted and so was Grace. Alyssa was like a cat pawing at fish - she was chasing the poop around in the bathtub and trying to grab it with her hand. Grace grabbed her and said, "Alyssa, come here. I'll save you!" I tried scooping the poop out with a cup and in the meantime had to drain the water.

You know what this means...the only hot water we had now has poop in it and is going down the drain. Bummer. So, the girls and I got cold sponge baths and quickly got out of the tub.

What a mess. I can't wait to get the water heater fixed - hopefully tomorrow.

Oh, and for those of you wanting to know about the "ice storm" we had last night...we had a tiny bit of ice on Matt's car, the mailbox, and garbage can, but the roads were fine. Whew! Problem averted.

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

LOL -- Memories wouldn't be memories without a poop in the tub story!

Anonymous said...

hahaha. Alyssa is always keeping things fresh. Yall are welcome to come over here for hot water!

Anonymous said...

LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY!!!!!!!

Kate said...

I am trying desperately not to laugh so hard as to reveal that I'm actually taking a little break at work. HYSTERICAL.