That's what I'm doing today. Cuddling up with a warm blanket and drinking coffee. Yes, I know I'll get more comments on this post...it's only fair. My "thick" Missouri/Illinois blood has quickly thinned to Texas blood. It's in the 40's and I'm freezing. I know, instead of everyone commenting on that...I'll just say it...I'm a whimp...it's nothing compared to the negative temps up North...yadda...yadda...
Anyway, on a cold day there is nothing I like better than snuggling up with a blanket, drinking coffee and reading a good book or watching a movie. This morning I enjoyed some good coffee...while the girls are napping, I'm snuggled with my blanket...and tonight Matt and I are going to snuggle with a blanket, a warm beverage, and a movie - 24!!! So excited.
I love coffee. One - because it's delicious. Two - because it's warm. Three - because it's caffeinated (most of the time number 3 is the most important!!).
In Alyssa's 9 months of life, she has had periods of weird sleeping patterns at night. Sometimes she sleeps through the night...sometimes she wakes every 4 hours...and sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to hang out for a few hours! (thanks, honey, for getting up with her!!)
The night before we moved into our current house (about 6 weeks ago), Alyssa woke up at 2:30 am and was ready to hang out with Matt for a few hours. Not crying. Not unhappy. Just awake. While I was lying in bed trying to figure her out, it hit me. Maybe I drink too much caffeine and it's affecting her (I'm still nursing). I had been watching for signs of fussiness and kept adding a cup of coffee to my morning routine to test her out. But it hit me...maybe the coffee was keeping her awake at night!
Well, I was right. The next morning I only had 1 cup of coffee. When she woke up in the night to nurse, I fed her and she immediately went right back to sleep!!! Praise Jesus!! It has been that way ever since. While I miss my multiple cups of coffee, I don't miss being awake for a few hours in the night - and I don't think Matt does either.
According to our pediatrician, Alyssa should be sleeping through the night. He said I could feed her right before I go to bed and she could go 8-10 hours after that. Well, that hasn't been happening. On Tuesday morning she didn't go back to sleep after waking up around 6 and I could tell she was still tired. We put her in bed with us and as soon as she was under our blankets, she was OUT and slept until 8:45!!! So, we've started wrapping her up with a thicker blanket at night and she'll sleep from 10 to 6:30 or 7!!! Hooray! Mommy finally gets some sleep.
So, we're all enjoying a warm blanket and just a little caffeine in the Flener household!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
cold is cold. i didn't like it when i was in missouri, and i still don't like it in texas. i stayed inside all day too.
don't let people make you feel bad - if they lived down here, they'd bundle up too. and if we were still in MO, we'd roll our eyes too ;)
also, that's very interesting about the caffeine. i'm extremely sensitive to it, so i can see how it can effect alyssa so much.
All of us quasi-Texans have gotten a little spoiled!
You know you live in a warm climate when kids unload off the bus in think hoodies and jackets on 80* days!
Post a Comment