Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nap Time oh Nap TIme - Where have you gone?!


Banana Lover
Originally uploaded by The Flener Family
About a week ago Grace wanted to read a book about giving up her passy. She only used a passy for sleeping, but oh my was she attached to it!! The book suggests that the child send the passy to babies who need it. Grace thought this sounded like a good idea. So, we put the passy in an envelope, sealed it, and addressed it to "Babies Who Need It" with promises of putting it in the mail the next day. Well, bed time came and after fighting with her for 2 hours, we gave in and let her have the passy back.

We decided to take another approach. Over the course of 3 nights we slowly cut away at the nipple of the passy. After one snip, she hated it and said it was "broken." By the time the nipple was reduced to a nub, she refused the passy. As of two nights ago, she goes to bed fairly easily. However, naptime has been a huge challenge. In fact, she has only taken a nap one day out of the last 5! What is up with that?!

Matt keeps telling me it's a phase. I'm praying it's not forever. I NEED nap time. I LIVE for nap time! Nap time is what helps me get through until 7 o'clock when Matt gets home! What will I do if nap time is gone for good?!? Oh no! I was so proud of myself because 4 out of 5 days I get both girls down around the same time for nap. Go Mommy! But what do I do about no napping!?!

1 comment:

The McLeese Family said...

We went kind of through the same thing with Quarton. We tried to get rid of it last year when we were traveling the lower 48 for all of Keagan's training. We figured that the timing was bad and along with all the inconsistencies, that was the last thing Quarton needed to get rid of. So when we got back home, in Alaska, we waited about a month and then literally threw them in the trash in front of him. We had three of them that he slept with and each of us, including him, threw one in the trash. Later when he would ask where his passies were we said that the trash man took them away. We then substituted the passies with a stuffed animal and he was okay from then on. Just sharing our stories, hope you're doing well and it is nice to read about how Texas is treating you :) Take care, Dottie