Friday, August 29, 2008

Two are definitely better than one

When you get married, people always say "two are better than one" and they are SO correct!! Besides having Jesus as my Lord and Savior, getting married is the next best thing that has happened to me!! Life is so much sweeter with my husband as my partner going through this life together.

The next best thing is having 2 sweet daughters!! After having Grace, I couldn't imagine loving another child as much as I love her. (I know everyone says this, but it's true). I wasn't sure how people could love their children equally especially because the first child is so special. By the time we had Alyssa, we knew Grace's quirks, habits, likes/dislikes, manurisms, personality, etc.

But, God has expanded our hearts. We LOVE Alyssa and that love grows more and more as we get glimpses into who God has made her to be. I can't imagine our lives without her. I can only imagine what a zoo this place will be once she's moving around! She and Grace LOVE each other. As you can see from this video, Alyssa smiles and laughs at Grace and this only encourages Grace to be sillier.

One of Grace's favorite things to do is bounce on the bed (our guest bed doesn't have a frame, so it is on the floor - this is her "bouncy bed"). Alyssa absolutely loves to watch Grace bounce on the bed and deep belly laughs at her. This makes Grace start laughing and encourages her to bounce higher! (I'll try to video tape this and post it!)

So, back to "two are definitely better than one" - they are. Our lives are overflowing with love, laughter, joy, fulfillment, excitement, patience, grace, and hope all because we have 2 girls. Even as a mom, I feel more fulfilled with two kids. I love my life.

No comments: