Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dr.'s Report


Big Smiles
Originally uploaded by The Flener Family
We took Alyssa to see Dr. Kuhl (pronounced "Cool" - isn't that the best name for a pediatrician!?!) for her 6 month check-up. Dr. Kuhl is great and always makes jokes (along with us) about Alyssa's chunkiness. :)

Here are the stats:
Weight: 19 lbs. 4 oz. (95%)
Length: 26 3/4 inches (90%)
Head circumference: 44 1/4 cm (95%)

I try not to compare my girls too much because they are both individually fabulous!! However, I've been "glancing" at Grace's stats to compare them to Alyssa's.

So, to give you a "reference" point for how big 19 lbs. 4 oz. is - Grace weighed 19 lbs. 5 oz. at 10 months old!!! And, at this weight, Grace was 29 1/2 inches, so that is 3 inches longer than Alyssa.

WOW. We're so proud... :)

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I looooove her chunkiness. There is nothing better than a rolly baby. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

chunky babies rule!!! I was curious where Addy was around that time, so I looked it up. I have her at 16 pounds at her nine month check up!

BG said...

Oliver was also 19 lbs at 6 months. He was SO fat.

Oliver's 6 Month Stats
Weight: 19 lbs 1 oz. (75th percentile)
Length: 28 1/4th inches (90th percentile)
Head Circumference: 43cm (25th percentile)

However, now that he's 11 months, he's gotten alot thinner. He's 23 lbs now.