Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Clothing Swap

In case you haven't heard of it, I'll explain what it is. Clothing swaps are my new favorite thing. The idea is that women bring clothes, accessories, household items, toys, etc. to the hostess's house for a party. These are things that you no long wear, want, and would take to Goodwill.

My friend, Morgan, has had two in the past 6 months. It is so much fun! We divide up the goods and separate them into different rooms in the house. For example, in the living room are shirts, master bedroom are coats and dresses, guest bedroom are pants, and the dining room is jewelry, shoes, purses, etc.

You bring your old things and leave with a bag (or bags) full of "new to you" clothes and accessories! It's a great time of socializing, shopping, and eating. I highly recommend doing this with your girlfriends.

I just went to one on Saturday and had a blast. I left with a new coat, several pairs of pants, a bag-full of shirts, a belt and bracelet. Basically, a whole new wardrobe. For free. Sweet!

2 comments:

RIN said...

ok so I am going to have to schedule one of these very cool and fun idea.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS THE WORLD'S SMARTEST IDEA EVER!!!!!