Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Weekend with Minima & Bapa

My mom and dad (Grace affectionately named them "Minima" & "Bapa") came to Austin late Friday night and left Monday evening. We had a fabulous time and hated to see them go.

Our weekend consisted of...eating...eating...eating...did I mention...eating?! That's right - we LOVE to eat out when they come. We had kolaches and breakfast tacos for breakfast, burgers and fries at Mighty Fine Burgers, BBQ at Rudy's, chimichangas at Chuy's, burgers and salads at Central Market and chicken at Chik-fil-A. Yummy!

We also did a lot of playing, shopping, reading books, napping, and went to our church (The Austin Stone) on Sunday morning.

At the end of the weekend, we always want more time together. They are coming back for Easter in April, so we'll look forward to that. Grace is already talking about it. This morning I was getting her a cup of milk. She started doing a "happy dance" and rubbing her hands together. I said, "What are you excited about?" She said, "Minima and Bapa come back to my house in a month!" Oh wow. It could be a long 6 weeks! Little does she know that before that happens, so many more fun things will take place - her 3rd birthday, Alyssa's 1st birthday, and Nana & Papa are coming to visit! What a fun time ahead!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Awe! I'm so glad you got to have a good weekend with them! I'm sure it gets harder and harder to leave for both sides!

Mindy said...

Awe! I'm so glad you got to have a good weekend with them! I'm sure it gets harder and harder to leave for both sides!