Monday, February 23, 2009

Domestic Diva?!

In the past 6 months or so, we've been trying to eat more organic and natural foods. Included with that, is trying to make food from scratch when we can.

Here are a few things I've made:
- BREAD: I make all of our bread from scratch (with the help of a bread maker). I do the dough in the bread maker, let it rise in a loaf pan and then bake it in the oven.

- CARAMEL SAUCE: I've made caramel sauce to put in lattes, on homemade cinnamon buns, and apples!!

- PEANUT BUTTER: I stopped doing this just because...well, I'm not sure why.

- CHICKEN BROTH: (nothing exciting to say here)

- APPLESAUCE: Tonight I made homemade applesauce...yummy! It's so easy and it also makes...

- APPLE JUICE: It's a little watered down, but I water-down Grace's juice anyway. She loved it.

For some people, these are all "no big deal" things. But, for those of you who know my "history" of cooking...

...I've come along way since macaroni and cheese soup! :)

3 comments:

the Zimels said...

And I can attest to some awesome chocolate chip cookies, too!

Ashleigh said...

That's awesome Carrie. I would LOVE a post on the ways you are eating organic and little tips and tricks :)

Anonymous said...

I inherited a bread machine...or at least I think that's what it's called. It is like a white box-type thing...It came with no instructions, I would like to use it one day, if this is what you have, send me some advice or just blog about it :)