She calls it her "Pilot." Even though she loves her new ride so much...she still asks about her silver car every once in awhile. I guess eventually she'll move on. :)
Since I gave an update on Alyssa, I also wanted to give an update on Grace.
-- Loves to talk about rhyming words and is getting really good at it! Every night before we go to bed, she says a word and we go through the alphabet and think of words that rhyme. The other day I said something about our Uncle Doug - she said, "Doug and rug rhyme!"
- Sings "B-I-N-G-O" all the time and now wants to insert everyone's names into it. She can now spell Mommy, Daddy, Alyssa, Bapa, Jeff, Loran (minus the "o"), Nana, and Papa (Sorry, Minima, you're still "M-I-M-I"). What a great way to learn how to spell names!!
- She knows Isaiah 1:17 and John 3:16 because I made up songs to go along with it.
- A few weeks ago she was listening to her Veggie Tales worship CD. She wanted to stand on her step-stool in the kitchen and be right next to the CD player. During the song, "Better is One Day" I looked over and she had her hands folded and eyes closed. It was precious. It was the perfect image of what Jesus was talking about when he said, "Come to me like a little child."
- She is AMAZING at recognizing cars! When we see a Honda Odyssey she says "like Minima's van." When we see a Grand Am she says "like Nana's car." When we see a new Civic she says, "like Samuel & Laurie's car." When we see a Town & Country van she says, "like Gigi's van." When we see a Toyota Sienna she says "like Amber-Rose's van." And when we see an Oldsmobile Alero she says "like our broken car." The crazy thing is, she's ALWAYS right - it doesn't even matter what color it is!!
- She now knows 16 states when looking at a US map - Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Arizona, California, Oregon, and Alaska. When we point to the state, she can say the name - unbelievable!!
- When we read picture books, she wants me to read the word and spell out all the words. She's going to be reading by the time she's 3!
- This is my favorite - When we see a clock she asks what time it is. The other day it was "1:17." Without hesitation she said, "Learn to do what is right. Isaiah 1:17." It reminded me of John Drage because he always quoted a Scripture according to the time. :)


6 comments:
OK, so I know that I'm a little biased because I adore your child like she's my own. But she's a freaking genius. States? Scripture based on time? Spelling? Cars? Sheesh.
Future Nobel Laureate. I wouldn't be surprised if I hear Grace Flener announced as the nobel laureate in Chemistry tommorrow morning. :-) Thanks for updating the blog, I love to hear about the family.
she's an angel. I love the image you painted with the song, Better is One Day.
I would be a little surprised to see her be a nobel laureate in chemistry tomorrow. I mean chemistry that isn't even a real science :-).
Wow! That is amazing! Both of your girls are so smart! :)
Dang! Smarty-pants! :) What a little sweetheart she is. This post just further exemplifies what amazing parents you guys are!
Post a Comment