Just in the past week, we have noticed that Grace has an imaginary friend, Jessie. "She" is not always around, but I hear Grace talk to her when she's playing by herself.
Today Grace and I were playing outside while Alyssa took her morning nap. She went around to the side of the house and I heard her talking. I asked her to come back to the driveway and she said, "Come on, Jessie! Let's go back to the driveway!" I asked her if Jessie was with her and she said, "Yes! And so is Daisy!"
Wow. I'm not totally sure how to handle this. As far as I can remember, I don't think I had an imaginary friend. A part of me thinks it's fabulous that her imagination is so vivid that she has a friend that she talks to and plays with. The other part of me is freaked out - it's almost like a ghost is in our presence or something. Creeeeeepy!
We had to come inside to get a snack and Grace made me keep the door open as she persuaded Jessie and Daisy to come with us. I hope no one was watching us! Funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haha! I LOVE it! I totally had imaginary friends when I was younger - Jeremy and Lacy. My mom had to set places at the table for them. It is completely normal and just shows what a GREAT imagination she has!! :)
Watch out though...I had SUCH an imagination that I convinced my kindergarten teacher I had a brother until my mom came for parent-teacher conferences. My teacher was telling my mom how much I loved and looked up to my older brother. Just for the record, I only had one younger sister at the time! lol oops! :)
i had an imaginary friend, too. she lived behind the mirror in my parents room. in fact, i'm pretty sure she still lives there :)
Post a Comment